- BS in Physics (2009), University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA.
- MA in Transformation: Scripture, Church and World (2010), London School of Theology, Northwood, England, UK.
- MA in Islamic Studies with a concentration on Medieval Philosophy (2013), University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
Daniel was born in Jerusalem and grew up in Palestine and the United States of America. He started his career in the sciences where he studied Physics for his Bachelors and did high energy research with CERN. He later found an interest in Philosophy and Theology, which is now his main academic focus.
Besides his academic career, Daniel is active in small entrepreneurial projects. He runs an educational coffeeshop in Beit Sahour, coaches Frisbee at Ultimate Palestine, and works on developing glass and plastic recycling projects.
- Church History (Online Diploma)
- New Testament Survey (Online Diploma)
- Comparative Religion (BA)
- Islam (MA)
- Biblical Canon (Online Diploma)
Areas of Expertise, Research, Writing, and Teaching
His main interests of research are: comparative religion, Islamic Historiography, Christian-Muslim relation, and Arab Christian Philosophy.
He is also active with Kairos Palestine and other Palestinian organizations and movements.
- Bannoura, Daniel, “Antun Shahwan al-Ghustawi”, Christian-Muslim Relations: A Bibliographical History 1500-1900 (CMR1900). Brill Publishers. (forthcoming, October, 2017).
- Bannoura, Daniel, “Nationalist Rhetoric in Arabic Christian Writing of Mandatory Palestine”, University of Leiden: Leiden, The Netherlands. (forthcoming, October, 2017).
- Bannoura, Daniel, “Temporality and Uncertainty in Ecclesiastes 9:11-18. A Middle Eastern Reading”, Reading Ecclesiastes in Asia-Pasifika. International Voices in Biblical Studies (IVBS) Series. Society of Biblical Literature. (forthcoming, 2017)
- Bannoura, Daniel, “The World and Philosophy of ᶜAbdullah Ibn al-Ṭayyib: A Philosophical and Linguistic Analysis of His Commentary on Genesis”. Congress of Christian Arabic Studies. Parole de l’Orient. (forthcoming, 2018)
- Bannoura, Daniel, “Antun from Aleppo”, Christian-Muslim Relations: A Bibliographical History 1500-1900 (CMR1900). Brill Publishers. (forthcoming, 2017)
- Bannoura, Daniel, “Tathlith in Medieval Islamic Thought”, Islam: A Worldwide Encyclopedia. ABC-CLIO. (forthcoming, January, 2017)
- Paša, Željko and Daniel Bannoura, “Al-ᶜaẓah fī našīd al-ᶜaḏrāᵓ Marīyam wālideth Allah: Sermon on the Canticle of the Virgin Mary Mother of God”, CEDRAC. 2015.
- Bannoura, Daniel, “Psalmic Reading of the Qur’an: Psalm 104 and Surat an-Naba’,” Texts and Human Contexts: Jewish, Christian, and Muslim Views on What Unites and Divides Us. The Hickey Center for Interfaith Studies and Dialogue, Rochester College, 2014.
- Bannoura, Daniel, “Astronomy and Astrology”, Oxford Encyclopedia of Islam and Women. Oxford University Press, 2013.