- BA in History and Geography, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Graduate Studies in New Testament Pepperdine University, California, USA
- Masters of Arts in Intercultural Studies, Fuller Theological Seminary, California, USA
- Doctor of Philosophy, dissertation: “The Ethnic Identity of Palestinian Arab Christian adolescents in Israel.” Oxford Centre for Mission Studies, University of Wales, UK
Salim was born in Lod, Israel. He is married with four children. He is the founder of Musalaha, a reconciliation ministry for believers in Christ in the Holy Land, both Palestinian and Jewish. Publications include articles on the subjects of reconciliation, the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, and Christian Palestinian identity.
- The Book of Revelation
- The Book of Romans
- The Book of Acts
- The Palestinian Case
Areas of Expertise, Research, Writing, and Teaching
Judaism, Christian Ethics, Exegesis, Comparative Religion, Old Testament, New Testament, the Prophets, Leadership
- Horenczyk, G. & Munayer S., “Multi-group acculturation orientations in a changing context: Palestinian Christian Arab adolescents in Israel after the lost decade” in International Journal of Psychology, Article first published online: 25 MAR 2014.
- Munayer, S. J, Loden, L, Through My Enemy’s Eyes: Envisioning Reconciliation in Israel-Palestine, Paternoster, Milton Keynes.
- Munayer, S. J, “Reconciliation as a Christian Response to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict” in Christians and the Middle East Conflict, March 24-26, 2011, Langley, British Columbia, Routledge, Oxford.
- Munayer, S. J, “Theology of the Land: From a Land of Strife to a Land of Reconciliation” inThe Land Cries Out: Theology of Reconciliation in the Israeli-Palestinian Context, eds. S J Munayer and L Loden, Wipf and Stock Publishers, Eugene, pp. 234-264.
- Munyaer, S. J, Hosea, The Asia Bible Commentary Series by, eds. Bruce J. Nicholls and Sang-Bok David Kim, Asia Theological Association, Manilla.
Awards, Honors, Achievements
- 2001, Cross of Nails, Coventry Cathedral, UK for work in reconciliation
- Developed a Curriculum at the Bethlehem Bible College
- Developed a Curriculum for High Schools in the Palestinian Authority
- 2009, Christian International Scholarship Foundation, CISF, Steward Award
- 2011, Developed a Curriculum on Reconciliation
- 2012, Selected to Inspired Individuals Initiative, Tear Fund
- Middle East Association for Theological Education (MEATE)
- Board Member, of the Bible Society in Israel
- Trustee, Church Mission Society, UK