Ingrid Rodrick Beiler, English Program Coordinator at BBC, challenged students and staff at chapel this morning with the question: “What is a question that has been very difficult for you to resolve in light of your faith and beliefs?”

Ingrid shared a time in her life when she asked those difficult questions, and many of us could relate to them.  Many of us have been taught Biblical truths from a young age, but then those beliefs are challenged with life circumstances in some way. Here are some examples:

God is with you…………………………………………..…..But I still feel lonely.

God will give you what you need. ………………………Then why don’t I have anyone to support me?

God won’t give you more than you can handle…………………………………But I can’t handle this!

The Holy Spirit will make you grow in godliness……………………Then why do I seem to be going backwards?

Ingrid followed up by giving us another question to consider as we go about our day: “What gives you hope in the midst of your questions and doubts?”

We read Psalm 10 together where the Psalmist is also asking difficult questions, and yet he ends with the conviction that “The Lord is King forever and ever…You, Lord, hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry…”