Have you ever thought of making a difference? Have you ever gotten the chance to be the person in charge of steering the wheel? Do you consider yourself a leader? How do you keep yourself motivated in terms of leadership? What makes you sure you’re leading in the right track? These compelling questions and so many others were beautifully answered through an outstanding five-day program, from July 19th through 15th.  It was held in the Golden Hotel located in the picturesque Al Taybeh village.  This program, entitled “The History Maker’s Journey” is the outcome of a joint collaboration between “International Leadership Institute” (ILI) and Bethlehem Bible College.  History Makers is a part of the (ILI) which is a global leadership organization that aims to equip and empower Christian leaders. “But it is not this way with you, but the one who is the greatest among you must become like the youngest, and the leader like the servant.”Luke 22:26

A journey is a great word for the series of steps which a leader goes through. Starting with becoming a person with a clear vision that is inspired and enlightened by the Lord, we are then driven by a commitment to God’s Commandments, while becoming equipped with necessary spiritual core values and well-stated goals.I was very blessed to be a part of this five-day journey and to share such an overwhelming experience with a group of participants (around 25). Actually, I call myself very blessed to hear the Lord speaking His wise and motivating words through a highly skilled professional team.

Opening sessions began by introducing foundational leadership practices in the eight core values: intimacy with God, passion for the harvest, visionary leadership, culturally relevant evangelism, multiplication of leaders, family priority, faithful stewardship and integrity. These values indicate the phases that build up equipped leaders and prepare them to serve and train others in the name of Christ. “And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others” (2 Timothy 2:2). From my point of view, I think what counts the most is the unstoppable mission of the leader when he or she is committed to it with God’s strength and vision. I was also challenged and encouraged by the fact that the Lord wants us to only have a proper beginning but a decent ending as well.

Life is our greatest gift from GOD.  We were delegated by the Lord to be decision makers. Why not live this long journey of life by praising the Lord and glorifying His name through employing our actions, thoughts and decisions for his Kingdom?  All it takes is standing up, making our own decision to surrender our whole life into GOD’s hands  and to live it with purpose and vision.

Yes, I myself, (Razan) choose to live this journey day by day. From now on, I refuse to live randomly. I refuse to make useless decisions. Therefore, I invite you— my brothers and sisters— to start over, right from this moment and to make the changes that we know God wants of us. Be a leader. Be a decision maker. Be a history maker! Amen.