May 8, 2017 - 4:00 pm
May 18, 2017 - 8:00 pm
Address270 Hebron-Jerusalem Street, Bethlehem, Palestine View map
Bethlehem Bible College is pleased to announce a training course entitled “A Biblical Call to social Justice & Peace Building” that will be taught by Rev. Dr. Mae Cannon from May 8-18, 2017.
The class will be held in the evenings from 4-8pm over the course of the two weeks. This valuable opportunity is open for anyone who is a student, working with an NGO, interested in peace studies or simply finds the topic worthwhile for just $100! As the class will be taught in English, those wishing to participate should be fluent in spoken and written English.
The deadline for registration is Friday May 5, 2017.
At the end of this course you will:
- Have a basic understanding and practical experience of integrating several core spiritual disciplines into reflections and engagement in social action, peace building, and justice.
- The ability to articulate core Biblical passages which address God’s heart for the poor, Christian perspectives of justice, and church praxis in responding to societal needs as a foundation for what “peace” can look like.
- Outline and identify key historical moments and themes of Christian engagement in social justice & peace building.
- Propose appropriate Christian responses to realities of violence, oppression, genocide, displacement, & other challenging domestic & global issues.
Who should be interested?
- University Students.
- Individuals working with an NGO.
- Individuals interested in peace studies or simply finds the topic worthwhile.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.