BECOME A WALKING ENCYCLOPEDIA OF THE HOLY LAND
The Bethlehem Bible College Tour Guide Program began in 1998, and is considered one of the oldest Palestinian programs in Tour Guiding. The program exists to serve the Palestinian and international community by offering a unique Bible-centered curriculum taught in English. The curriculum provides professional training, education and practical preparation to tour guides for the Holy Land. These guides can then meet the needs of those who visit the Holy Land by providing inspirational and informative guided tours. At the same time, it will offer young Palestinians many new job opportunities and allow them to discover their own heritage through a rewarding and fulfilling vocation, while also acting as ambassadors of their own people and culture to international visitors.
The Program is a Medium Diploma degree and allows graduates to participate in Tour Guide Exam Profession.
- Graduating new generations of professional forthcoming Tour Guides with deep knowledge of the history of Palestine.
- Obtain a high capability to understand and fully analyze archaeological and historical sites from its historical, archaeological and religious perspectives.
- Awareness and understanding of the Palestinian Novel and gain in depth knowledge in the history of the Palestinian cause.
- The ability to communicate with different cultures and nationalities.
- To become familiar with the ethics of Tour Guiding in terms of respecting beliefs, religions and holy places.
- Obtain a high knowledge in English Language, -since the program is taught in English- and gain a comprehensive knowledge of terminologies are related to the field of Tour Guiding.
- Obtain a full knowledge of the religious and theological dimension of the holy places.
- Understanding the varied stories of religious sites.
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS: 68
|Introduction to Archaeology
|Introduction to Political Science
|Old Testament I
|Introduction to Geology
|Flora and Fauna
|Old Testament II
|Archaeology and History of Palestine I
|Modern and Contemporary History of Palestine
|Field Trips (1)
|Tourism and Advocacy
|Introduction to Geography of Palestine
|Introduction to Judaism
|Archaeology and History of Palestine II
|Archaeology and History of Palestine III
|New Testament I
|Introduction to Christianity
|Field Trips (2)
|New Testament II
|Introduction to Islam
|Archaeology and History of Palestine IV
|History of Art in Palestine
|Ethics of Guiding
|Field Trips (3)
Registration Status: Closed
- Palestinian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- Palestinian Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities
35 JD per Credit Hour
Typical Completion Time
2 Years including summer course
Total Credit Hours
69 Credit Hour
English language only
Every Two years
- Good knowledge of English
- Preference given to those who have a Diploma or BA degree
- General Secondary Education Certificate (Tawjihi) or equivalent
- Has the needed passion and interest
- Pass an oral interview (in English)
WHAT GRADUATES SAY
Ieva Aqleh - General Tour Guide English and Latvian, class of 2017
“To have the opportunity to study tourism in BBC was an answer of prayer, because for a long time I wished to deepen my knowledge in the Bible. I thought I will study music and theology, but God had different plans – it was tourism and theology and I couldn’t imagine better way. The program equipped me with everything I needed to become a successful tour guide. This program gave me deep insight in the historical, political, social and theological aspects of the land. These studies helped me to find a way how to explain the complicity of this country for the community I serve- the Latvian pilgrims.”