Get the best insight of Bethlehem from your home. Come on a journey with us, and learn about Bethlehem from the arrival of the Holy Family till the flight of Egypt, from a local perspective.
What you will learn:
– The journey of the Holy Family to Bethlehem in terms of geography and tradition. Why Bethlehem? Learning about the connection point of Bethlehem in the Old Testament and the New Testament.
– Understand the Christmas story from a local Palestinian perspective. And learning the story of Birth, according to the books of Luke and Matthew.
– How the memory of Jesus and the Holy Family is kept preserved in Bethlehem by the local community.
– What are the main sites associated with Jesus in Bethlehem (e.x. church of the Nativity).
– Learning about the Visitors of Jesus, the Shepherds, and the Magie.
– Tracing the flight to Egypt and related traditions.
– Herod the Great of the Weak. (Herodium palace)
– Monasticism (the Judean Desert, Saint Theodosius monastery, and Mar Saba monastery).
This Course includes:
9 hours sessions on Zoom.
Certificate of completion.
This course will be given by:
Mr. Haytham Dieck, the Head of Tour Guide program at Bethlehem Bible College.
Who can benefit from this course?
Everyone who is looking for a deep journey understanding about the story of Jesus in Bethlehem, in terms of its historical, archaeological, biblical and local perspective.
People who would like to connect between the Biblical text and religious tradition of Bethlehem.
People who are looking to learn about the most important religious sites of Bethlehem (church of the nativity, the star street, the milk grotto …etc).
Dates and time:
Every Saturday from 7:30 PM- 9:00 PM Jerusalem Time
Starting from November 20, 2021, until January 22, 2022