“And You Will be My Witnesses to the Ends of the Earth” Meet one of Us: Bahjat Khader

“And You Will be My Witnesses to the Ends of the Earth”
Meet one of Us: Bahjat Khader

Bethlehem Bible College has been growing larger and larger over the past few years reaching out to more people than ever. Our witnessing of the Lord from Bethlehem to the ends of the earth, especially with our new E-learning program, allows any student to study the Word of God from their home wherever he or she is.

This development has helped us reach many people, the Arabs in particular! To know more about this program, faculty, and students, I interviewed one of the E-learning program’s faculty: Bahjat Khader. I hope you enjoy the greatness God has been doing through us!

Bahjat Khader is one of our newest faculty members. He is married and has two children. Mirielle is four years old, and Karam is two years old. He is originally from a small town in the north of Palestine called Zababdeh, but he is currently living in Bethlehem with his family.

“I have a BA degree in Business Administration from An-Najah National University in Nablus. I also have the “M.Div.”, The Master’s degree in Divinity from the Near East School of Theology in Beirut. I had a calling to study theology from the beginning, but I was already an administration student, so I decided to continue. When I finished my BA degree, I was sent by my church to Lebanon to study theology.”

Bahjat came from a family that is committed to Christ: “I grew up in the church. I loved the Word of God since I was a little boy, and I used to be part of the ministries in our church, helping here and there, wherever they needed help. And when I grew up, I became a youth leader at my church. After high school, I felt that God was calling me to be a minister, and now I’m sure that me being part of Bethlehem Bible College is God fulfilling His plan for my life.”

Bethlehem Bible College

Bahjat is one of the newest faculty members at BethBC. He started in February of 2017 as a teaching and management assistant in the E-learning department.

“BethBC changed my life a lot. It helped me dig deeper in the Word of God. The atmosphere at BethBC also helped me to continue what I was already doing, which is reading the Bible and getting to know God more. The college also reminded me every day of the importance of living as a real Christian in all I do and say in my life on a daily basis.”

The E-leaning Department

In September of 2016, Bethlehem Bible College initiated its Online Program in Biblical Studies with Arab students living all around the world. Student enrollment consisted of students from Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, and Palestine among other countries, but they are spread out all over the world, from Gaza to Hong Kong and all the way to Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, UK, USA, and Canada.

This program is the first university-level program in Biblical Studies offered fully online in Arabic. What makes this program unique is its academic approach combined with focus on personal transformation. The program also represents a unique opportunity for Arab believers to connect with each other and learn together from their different backgrounds and perspectives. It is special that the program comes from the Holy Land where the Word of God became flesh and where most of the Bible was written.

“This semester we have almost seventy active students from all over the world that we contact weekly and sometimes daily. Our students use what we teach them in their churches and ministries they are involved in. I have to mention that we are the ones who learn from them; those students are very happy and have a strong faith despite the many hard circumstances they are living in, and that encourages us. Most of them are teaching in their churches, and they use what we teach them to benefit their churches and communities.”

This program added many things to Bahjat’s life: “It brought me to a new spiritual and academic level. The fact that we teach forces us to read and learn about new things daily.”

Pray

God’s biggest mission to us was clear: “Therefore go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” (Mathew 28:19) With His grace, we are honored to be part of this great mission.

We ask you to keep praying for us, for the College, and especially for the program and its development. Pray for our students, their personal lives and their struggling home countries.

Pray for Bahjat and the rest of our E-learning faculty so they continue to be witnesses for Christ through this program. Pray that they stay filled with the Holy Spirit so that they continue to share the power of Christ with our students.