Christmas Cheer at BethBC!

Christmas Cheer at BethBC!

Christmas Cheer at BethBC!

With Christmas parties and events taking place across the city, perhaps some of the most special were the ones that were hosted by the charitable branch of BethBC, the Shepherd Society. The events were put on for children in the community who suffer financially, have special needs, or come from broken homes. The parties were full of activities, gifts for the children, a Christmas play and the gospel message.

Over 400 total children attended the three separate events, and many were deeply impacted by their time there. One mother commented, “Without a doubt, this was one of the best Christmas events I have taken my girls to. The children laughed, danced to Christmas carols, received memorable gifts and had their photos taken with Santa.” Another father followed her in saying, “My daughters enjoyed their time at the party, and I was especially moved when my little girl raised her hand to commit her life to Jesus.”

These opportunities to share both practically the love of Jesus as well as share about the love of Jesus are what brings us joy. Children left the party with new clothes and toys that they may not have otherwise gotten due to their circumstances. It is a privilege to serve these young children and bless them, especially this time of year.