Do You Speak English?

Do You Speak English?

Many of the local Palestinians are beginning to thanks to BBC’s English classes. BBC hosts three classes two days a week for men and women from the community. These classes are geared toward a range of proficiency levels, focusing on combining speaking, listening, and writing skills.

“I love speaking English. I want to learn English so that I can study in America,” stated Omar, a current student. “Knowing English will help me be a better social worker here. I want to help my country and the best way I can do that is by speaking English.” Students like Omar get the chance to practice speaking with native English speakers in class.

Palestinians who are able to speak, read, and write in English have better chances of getting jobs both within Palestine or abroad. English or another second language is also helpful and sometimes necessary for attending university. BBC’s Community English program works hard to help students get the skills they need for competing in the current academic and job market.

Pictures