Peace Studies Students Swim Against the Tide

The Bethlehem Institute of Peace and Justice’s fall semester of peace studies is underway. Dr. Andrew F. Bush, the BIPJ director, says, “We are excited that our online course in peacemaking in the Palestinian Context is fully enrolled! We have twenty-nine students from throughout the world, including India, the Philippines, Australia, Belgium, Switzerland, Cameroon, Nigeria, Palestine, South Africa, the United States, Canada, and from among the Hmong people in Thailand.”

Some students are continuing their studies in the Certificate Program in Peacemaking and Justice in the Palestinian Context from last spring. For example, Nicole, who works for an NGO in New York City, says, “This is my second course in the Certificate Program through Bethlehem Bible College. I also took the Summer Intensive and got to spend time in the amazing town of Bethlehem and attend the Christ at the Checkpoint Conference in May 2022. The trip challenged me and forced me to reckon with some prevailing beliefs about the I/P Context. I am excited to continue my learning and look forward to a course specific to the Palestinian experience.”

Dr. Bush comments that peacemaking is hard, but our goal is to follow the Prince of Peace in becoming peacemakers. He says, “We are encouraged that students in our program swim against the tide and work for peace in this troubled world.”

For those interested in learning more about studying online with the BIPJ, they may go to: https://bipj.org/courses/certificate-courses/